Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Thoughts...

Well, I want to post more pics, but I have overloaded at this point so I'll post more later. Folks here continue to make me feel at home and a part of the family. I pulled weeds yesterday morning with Mary Kay for 3 1/2 hours in the humidity. I was so sweaty!!! We were helping another couple who is moving there family to Orlando to be a part of the church plant. Later, I had dinner with Greg, Mary Kay, their son Jordan and his wife Jaime last night and then we all went over to Bill and Beth's with their kids to celebrate Evan's birthday. Bill was even checking in on me and said Friday I didn't seem like myself...overwhelmed with where to start and what I'm doing, I told him. He understood. I had that feeling on Friday, "I could just pack up and turn around!" And of course I could, but I'd be giving up. I talked to my mom and Sara and my neighbor's Jen and Leah on Saturday. I do miss home. Jen told me I needed to get out of my apt. and go to Starbucks with a book and people watch. I did just that and it was so great to get out around people, other breathing souls, as cousin Sharon has said. I went to Winter Park, which is so very similar to NW 23rd Street in Portland. I told mom late last night that I got a little wisdom from Keith Urban (well ok it was just a song from the CD Leah and I picked up at the biggest Starbucks ever, in San Antonio)...
My grandma was a wise old soul
Took me by the hand not long ago
Said, "Son, what's your hurry, boy slow it down
Taste the wild honey, listen to the sound
Of the wind that's blowin' through the trees
Rivers flowin' to the sea
Yeah they're all headin' home just like you and me
Life's for livin' child, can't you see?"
These are the days we will remember
These are the times that won't come again
The highest of flames become an ember
And you gotta live 'em while you can
Not really anything surprising, just a simple reminder that this life we have is for living. Being present where we are and making the most of what we have gifts, talents, abilities and resources.
If you have a few minutes right now, find a Bible, look up Isaiah 61 in the Old Testament and read that chapter. It's not long, just a few short minutes. I'll even attach a link to make it easy for you!!!(Oh technology!!!) http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2061;&version=31;
Jesus refers to this in the New Testament as he explains the ministry He was sent to do. As a follower of Christ, this has been a banner I strive after. To have the opportunity to tell good news to others, to walk among the broken with hope for them, to comfort...

1 comment:

David & Nikki said...

Stepher,
Thinking of you & hoping your living to the fullest in Orlando! You are in my thoughts & prayers. Please be good to yourself & know that WHATEVER you decide, WHENEVER, we (your family) will support you ALWAYS!! You are a gem of a woman with an amazing amount of courage & strength! GREAT verse...loved it when I read it on your blog when you started for CR. I promise to send photos soon! My belly is growing!! Had an ultrasound & everything is perfect! Did not find out!! :-)
I love & miss you! NTT