Sunday, July 30, 2006

Severe Storm Warnings

Hello from the lightening capital...or so I'm told. Wow, everyday here we seem to get afternoon thunder showers and sometimes a pretty spectacular lightening show. As I sit here I am listening to the thunder churn and roll. Kind of one of those awesome sounds when you are tucked away safe.:) I never understood those radio and tv announcements that beep annoyingly, "This is a test. If this were an emergency..." until I moved here. Just on my drive over here there was a warning issued for severe thunder storms and possibe hail the size of a penny. Not to worry, the storm warning was for Daytona beach area and headed east, away from me. I am in a new world here. I am continuing to meet lots of people, am settling in to the resource center and creating my space here, and still waiting on my belongings (exhausted sigh). I am functioning fine without them, at times I forget that not all of it is here, but then find it would be nice to have a sofa and my bed and the ability to really fix meals with my kitchen stuff.

The pictures are of the new Resource Center. We finally got to start moving in last Tuesday and are probably 85% of the way done. It has really taken shape as the furniture has been moved in and books are put on the shelves.

This is the area I will have my desk in (straight ahead). Mike will sit to the left and to the right will be an area for interns and others. The door with the light coming through is the counseling room and hopefully by the first of the year we will have a counselor here full time.


This is the view from my cube. Between each of the windows, we have place book shelves. On that wall there are four windows and so four seating areas with cozy chairs, some overstuffed, lots of books, and soft lighting. It feels like a living room! The door here is to the conference room and to the left of that is the entrance and a cove where Maggie sits.


Boxes started accumulating and needed unpacking. WHEW! Bill was in charge of our move and designing the space as Greg imagined it...he did a fabulous job!

No comments: