Sunday, July 09, 2006

Day Two

Day One=930 miles
Day Two=545 miles

Leah and I are now in New Mexico, just over the border in Gallup. We passed through Zion today which was not a part of the 1st route plan, but after seeing Lindy's pictures from their trip I was convinced we needed to go through southern Utah. I have been through Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, the Grand Canyon, but I just don't think you can see this stuff enough! It was amazing and beautiful...Leah drove and I had my head out the window through much of drive today. Thanks Leah!

Well, we got started a day late. The movers were initially supposed to come Thursday morning, then it was changed to Thursday night, then Friday morning and that was the last I heard from them. They didn't show up and I have been calling them without a successful return call (from the driver). I spoke with dispatch and they couldn't locate him either and now they have been closed all weekend. I know my belongings will make it to me in Florida...just frustrating being the one to have to call every few hours in hopes of finding out what is going on, but without success. Friday afternoon/evening turned into a relaxing night enjoying one last time with my neighbors. They shooed us on our way Saturday morning and have stepped in to take care of my belongings until a solution arises. I am so grateful for such great neighbors. They rallied and stepped in so we could get on our way to Florida...thanks y'all!

No comments: