Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday, Week One

Today we had our/my first staff meeting with all of the new and existing staff. The look of the entire staff has changed over the last year and with this group we will be moving into the new resource center next week. It is currently being built-out and is close to finished, but as with such projects the delays have made the date move back and so next week we should be in. I have been busy settling. Got my FL license and have to change plates here soon. They have toll express ways around here so I had to get a "Sun Pass" and need to set that up. Will allow me to be in the fast lane instead of stopping to drop $.50 in every time I have to use the toll ways.

The last two days we have had wild thunder and lightening. Kind of cool to watch and even hear the lightening crackle. I'm glad to be grounded in my car, but it brings some pretty messy rain along with it. A strange feeling to mix rain with the humidity here...speaking of that...I'm feeling okay and getting used to A/C!!!:)

I stayed in my condo for the first time last night. A little one bedroom. I have cleaned the place up ALOT, but I'm still working on getting rid of a musty smell. Don't know how long it had been empty previous to me or if they were smokers.

We had a meeting last night for the church plant they are doing in this area. Was great to meet lots of folks, connecting names and faces. I'm head over to have dinner with another staff pastor and his wife, Doug and Cindy. They moved here 9 months ago from Indiana and I am guessing it will be nice to have there support in the trasition they've also just experienced. I'm telling you, Orlando it such a mix of folks from all over. I keep seeing license plates from Maryland!

Until next time...staying warm and mostly dry here in the Sunshine State!!!

1 comment:

David & Nikki said...

Hey there my dear...just thinking about you & hoping your week is a good one. I am sure A LOT going on for you, mentally, physically & emotionally! I hope you got my phone message Tuesday night. I think you were having dinner with the Pastor & his wife. I hope they can give you insight on adjusting! Well, just wanting to pass you a message that I am thinking of you & love reading your blog updates! Send some photos of your new place! I am sure you are making it homey & smelling good! Love you, NTT