Sunday, July 16, 2006

Arrived!



I am here! Leah and I finished our trip on Friday and landed in Orlando early afternoon. We got the keys to condo to walk through and that's when the emotion started to hit me a bit...the condo needs a little TLC and that is what I have been giving it this evening. Leah helped me get started giving it the scrub down and I did some more today. Greg and Mary Kay have graciously been hosting me because my bed has not arrived. I think tomorrow will be my first night there. It has been nice to stay with them and be around people. I have already traveled to Lake Wales (central FL) and today we went to church in Daytona Beach and then spent some time walking on the beach...got a little too much sun on my shoulders, but it is nice to be out exploring and learning the express ways here. I'm preparing for when you all come to visit me!!! I was so glad to have Leah's company along the way. Now that the trip is over, it seems like it flew by and actually it really did. We had a great adventure seeing many states I have not been to and realizing what a great treasure we have in our 50 states. We had one gross hotel incident, late night- no rooms- dirty place, so we literally slept and left in a matter of 6 hours I think!

As far as the job here, the new resource center is not yet finished so this week will be a great week of transition and getting all my personal things switched over. Thankfully, I have great resources in the Wiens family and I live central to much of what I need.

I will be emailing out my new address, but if I miss you on the list, just send me a note here or email and I'll get it to you.

No comments: