Friday, July 21, 2006

Honesty

I have always poured out my inner thoughts here and will continue to do so though today I don't want to! I want to say all is great here (and it is), but I fear telling you I had a hard night last night because I don't want any of you worrying. :) The condo is still empty and still has a wierd smell to it so I am drenching it with "odo-ban" every time I leave! Even with a hard evening, it felt very natural and normal and expected. Just part of the transition. I remember those times in Costa Rica where I felt very alone because of the language barrier and being away from familiarity...some of those same emotions rising here too, so I am comfortable with them. I know soon enough life will have all it's routine back and I won't have to drive in circles looking for the nearest TARGET!

The folks here have been great and I am enjoying getting to know all of them. I've stayed with Greg and Mary Kay several nights because of the empty apartment and admittedly it has been so nice to be around people. We are still in transition with the new Resource Center and should start moving in next Tuesday. In the meantime, I have had ample time to clean and explore and even test out the little work out center at the condo!

The weather here is not so bad. Humidity, yes, but it makes my hair curly and easy to do! And every place is air conditioned. The evenings are great to just be in a t-shirt and the afternoons have provided daily rain to cool things off. I hear things out in the NW are not so cool. I hope you all survive...just go turn the sprinklers on and sit in a lawn chair while it "rains!"

I'll post pictures of the Resource Center and my place soon!

1 comment:

David & Nikki said...

YOU are ONE AMAZING woman!! I admire your strength & bravery!! Your blog makes me think WOW! You are incredible....I would be on the next plane home! You have an amazing stability & levelness about you even when it is hard. Where did you get that...I've always thought us Bushnell/Anderson girls are a bunch of cry babies! :-) I LOVE YOU & send you lots of strength & family warmth for your heart. I will send some pictures via your email account soon of our Shasta trip! Hope you have a good weekend exlporing. David just brought me the mail & I received your postcard! THANKS!! email is great but snail mail is the best...you get to see the persons handwriting which warms my heart. Lots of love to you, XOXO, Nikki, David & Grace