Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day Before Departure

Sitting in the coffee shop, tapping away on my dell, sipping on my favorite drink feeling almost oblivious of the fact that tomorrow morning, very early, I am MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY. The grace in all of this has been a protective shield around my tender heart binding me up and holding me together as I say "see you later" and "see you soon" (NO, not good-bye) to my dear family and friends. I know you all know this, but I will confirm it in writing...I hold you so close in my heart, I don't think I could hold you closer. I have been thinking, and often think, what a charmed life I have lived. My home town, there is something very storybook and almost whimsical of Powers and the people. I can't imagine a better place to have grown up and gotten my start. On my 27th birthday I had another real insight, yes life may not have handed me the usual course in the order I had expected it, but my life has been decorated with beautiful relationships and for that I have so much to say thank you for.

I have some great photos I will put up tonight and I am going to try and write as we cross the country! (My neighbor Leah and I) Road trip of a life time(???), I have a feeling I will ship my car with my stuff next time I do this!:)

A little update, I have already rented a condo and am glad to have a place to fall into as I get my feet on the ground and bearings in Orlando. Please pray for safety for our travels and that my stuff would show up soon after I do. (They say it could be 7-21 days!)

Come visit me in Orlando, you know you will need a break from the NW gray rainy days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephie,
Thanks for your earlier email. I will write sometime later.
What a wonderful opportunity you have taken advantage of.
Enjoy your trip! Arches National Park was an awesome trip that Patty and I took on one of our road adventures! Wish you were taking the northern route to Florida, you would have been welcome to stay a night with us and I'd shown you the sights of Chicago!!!
If you are close to Lometa, TX drop in on Aunt Juanita and Uncle Bud.
I agree with the person that wrote about the trip from New Orleans to Florida...a LONG and somewhat boring drive! Kathleen (John's sister) and I made the trip a little over a year ago in an 24 foot Budget moving truck from Houston!
When we go to Florida, we go to the Gulf side so we cut down highway 19. Maybe next year we'll have to take 75 and make a side trip to Orlando!!
You will survive the weather, the fall and spring are wonderful I was there this past year in both those seasons! Summer however is quite HOT! We just got back from Florida. We were there for 2 week. Spent part of the time in a condo with John's family over looking the Gulf. You will need to make a trip to the Gulf. The water is unbelievable. I spent time floating in an inner tube in the waves! After experiencing the Pacific this is an unbelievable experience! We spent 6 days on the road traveling from Illinois and home again.
Sorry I'll miss you on my trip to Oregon. I'm flying into Seattle and going up to Bellingham to spend a few days with my cousin Joan and her family. Then we'll drive down to Corvallis and I meet my friend Nan Stewart, then I'll go on to Powers for the Alumni Weekend and my class of '61 Reunion!!!
Have fun and drive carefully. You are in our prayers.
Love,
Aunt Donna and Uncle John

Anonymous said...

Hey there Stepher...
You are driving south right & I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. We are heading to Lake Shasta today. I will not be able to check your blog until Tue 7/18! You will have arrived & started work by then!! WOW a lot will happen for you in the next 11 days!! You are in my thoughts & prayers. Drive careful & I can't wait to get home to hear all about your journey! I love you! NTT