Monday, March 28, 2011

Third time is a charm.

This is the third time I've attempted to write this post.  I'm struggling, sitting here right now, trying to figure out what I want to say.  This post is not an update on life at POP or the girls.  It's me and it's for those of you who have been following the back to school for a second degree adventure.  I wrote late Saturday night and again this morning, but didn't publish what I wrote.  It felt like I was jumping the gun and maybe not being as honest as I wanted to be, telling only part of the story.  So, I just need to throw this info into the collective knowledge regarding that big ol' application to OHSU.  


We had a plan, mom and I, and she followed through without a hitch;).  Thanks mom!  The letter from OHSU arrived Friday and I received an email from mama J Friday midday with news of being placed on the alternate list.  The letter was actually quite nice, "…the committee has reviewed your application and recognizes your strong academic potential and fit…we are still very interested in your candidacy.  Therefore,…"  fill out this additional form blah blah blah.  So, the door isn't actually closed, but who says, "No thanks," to OHSU?


The good news is, I made the alternate list.
The bad news is, I made the alternate list. 


I'm so thankful for all you faithful family and friends who are FOR me and who've been hanging around all weekend checking in with me.  I'm good.  I'm staring at an abyss that exists beyond May without plans.  So, there is much yet to be determined.  Surely by now you know,  I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. :)

No comments: