Tuesday, March 08, 2011

She Speaks

Tonight, I heard it.  It's not the first time, no, but it is the first time I've heard her addressing her friends, "Chile cuatro por Karen!  Chile cuatro por Suleyka!"  It made me so happy, hearing her voice, speaking.  Not responding, speaking!  Can you understand what I mean?  It's the freedom the majority of us have from the start.  The opportunity to speak.  First, yes, responding to our parents and adults, but then addressing and leading in conversation with our siblings and our peers.  Calling out on the playground, harassing our older brother ;), speaking to our friends over the fence.  Freedom.  As far as I know, this is it for her!  It's new and it is lovely to watch.  I go get crazy after dinner with those girls because I'm enthralled with her transformation (and well we just have a great time, ALL of us)!  Maria, Maria, Maria.

Here she is.  You've seen this face on here before, but maybe you'll also be able to see some of what I'm seeing---a person, full of beauty-no longer a shell of a human.  Maravilloso!

Progresión de Maria…









1 comment:

Darrell said...

So awesome. When I spoke to her in Spanish she answered, but as you say she wasn't engaging at all. Precious child.