Thursday, March 31, 2011

Listen.

Can you hear the giggling???  Oh what fun it is to play and color with these girls.  I had my laptop in the salon for the sole purpose of playing some Abel Zavala for the girls as they colored pictures for their sponsors.  It crossed my mind that I should have my camera and then I thought, “Ah! Photo Booth!”  So, we took some a number of GOOFY, CRAZY pics and a few just need to be shared.

It was especially sweet because today is Blanca's 8th birthday and she was full of smiles, hugs, and love.  This little one is usually uninterested in hanging around and passing out hugs!  I've learned with her, she comes around when she's interested in giving or getting attention.  Today, she was so different.  She was by my side frequently and always with her arms around my neck or leaning against me, giving me her wonderful toothless grin.  It's really starting to kill me…I still have time left here, but I'm starting to think about leaving and UGH!  I feel a horrible sense of, "What was I thinking?!?!"  How in the world is it possible to spend time in this context and then leave?  It seems so unfair to all parties included…like purposely setting out to break your own heart along with the others!  In the beginning, some of the older girls asked, "Stephanie, will you come back here?"  OF COURSE!  I know that.  Last week, Adela started to question me about when I was leaving for Oregon and we began to calculate how much time I had left---she looked at me, I looked at her-tears started to form and I interrupted, "NO Adela!  We're not doing this now."  And we laughed the thoughts away.  I love these girls.  I am zealous about fighting with and for them and it is so unfortunate that for most of you, reading this is as close as you will come to experiencing this immense treasure.  How disappointing, second rate and flat!  (I have a way to fix that, I just need a week of your time!  However, know that you've been warned-you'll be crushed too, for the good.)  Today I had lunch with Casa A and visited with Tia Blanca.  This very topic was a part of the conversation and I told her I don't think I can leave here without planning a return trip.  I know your minds are running with questions based on this post and the last.  Yes, I'm returning to OR in late May.  I have an extremely important graduation to attend on June 3.  Yes, I'm still moving forward with school.  No, I don't have any plans after May.  Still surprised?  Me too!    

Ok, I'm done for now.  No, one more thing.  My birthday is coming and all I REALLY WANT is for that ChipIn to grow!  AND MAYBE A SLICE OF TRES LECHES TO CELEBRATE  ;)



Happy 8th Birthday Blancita!  Your smile is a keeper! 



This is before they really figured out what was going on.  Pure curiosity here.



Oh, oh effects!!!!!



Starting to get the hang of this=funny faces! 






Mayra working very diligently on a special letter to her sponsor. 



Yeymy has this one patented. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

would you also like some jolly ranchers for your birthday?! ;)

No Parmesan, Please said...

just thought you should no that what you do is amazing! and the kids are such cuties!