Monday, February 28, 2011

This post lacks a title.

Ok, so you'd think at this juncture in life I would have said Hasta la Vista to the habits of a student.  Not so.  Here I am, in Antigua sitting at a table for two with a whiteboard, the smell of dry-erase markers, and a stack of books.  My teacher has vacated the premises and so I study.  I'm finding a little more determination knowing the benefits that sit on the other side of this mountain of language, dreaming about the possibilities.

I'm actually feeling quite blessed (though I don't like that word, feels overused and lacks a certain sufficiency to how this truly feels, but alas…).  Upon entering this country, I knew what to expect.  I was aware that I'd have a LOT of time to think and process and analyze and drive myself crazy (without the help of others, thank you!).  And so this is where I land, feeling favored.  Not favored above others, but favored in light of this time and reflecting.  February has been a full month.  January and February brought life and liveliness, love and lots of laughter-admittedly, with a few intermittent tears.  A lot of prayer, a lot of trust, a lot of believing beauty for ashes AND the opportunity to be a witness to those promises from Isaiah.

He is GOOD.

So we move on.  March.  I'm smiling.

Maybe my next post will be in Spanish?  Yeah, no!

No comments: