Friday, February 11, 2011

For you to pray...

This morning, I want to tell you about two girls who I'd like for you to add to the conversation when you're talking with God.  In the last two day, these little girls have encountered much.


She wanted to show me her traditional clothing.



Meet Virginia.  She is beautiful. She is smart.  She is real.  I asked here a few nights ago how her day was and she replied, good.  Then rescinded with a very real answer, No.  I'm not good, I'm ok.  To which I asked why? and she responded, I'm sad because Rosemeri left today. (The court allowed Rosemeri to go back home with her mom.)  She has a heart-warming smile (that she is hiding here).  She has lived here @ POP for nearly 2 years and will turn 9 years old later this month.  Yesterday, I happened to be in the office when her older sister came to tell her that her mother had passed.  I saw her at lunch and the older girls in her house were loving on her.  She seemed to be ok, actually good (a handful of us did a little Hokey-Pokey jig after lunch that she readily joined!!!).  I just don't have a way to understand how these girls triumph over such life circumstances except to believe that this home, this place named Principe de Paz, is a place they are loved and cared for-physically, spiritually, emotionally.  And that makes the difference, thanks God.


Sarahi  "Sonrisa!"  

Sarahi y Maria 

Meet Sarahi .  She came to the home two nights ago.  I did not meet her that evening, but Deisy was over having hot cocoa and told me about her.  She, Deisy, was trying to explain her cute little bangs and then decided, "Dora the Explorer!"  That's exactly what she looks like, don't you agree!  She is a doll.  I usually walk the hill in the morning and pass the girls on their way to school.  They are lined up in pairs, youngest to oldest.  You should see Sarahi!  She is the leader of the pack and you can tell she doesn't mind one bit.  Both mornings, even before we officially met, she came running down to me and gave me a MAMMOTH sized hug.  And she won't let go.:)  Lively might be one of the top 5 words I would use to describe her.  


On the playground, Sarahi y Dafne 


From what I know thus far, she was found-lost somewhere in the city.  I don't know if mom is looking for her…the story is still a mystery to me.  So, please, pray for Sarahi.  The older girls have ABSOLUTELY taken her in and loved on her.  They play with her and dote on her…as you can see over there to the left!  When I see Sarahi running around, I usually see Dafne among a troop of other girls.

Sweet, precious loves.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Steph.... So much has happened in just the two days since we left. My heart breaks for Virginia and I am so happy that she has you and all the girls and staff at POP to comfort her in this time. I cannot imagine what she is going through, but I will certainly pray for her.
As for little Sahari,... I hope to have the honor of meeting her soon. Her smile speaks a thousand words! Please keep us posted on her progress and her story as you learn it. We are praying for you as well! LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL IS YOUR SOUL! I love you Stephanie Clarissa - I have tears running down my face as I type this! This one made me say - OK - it's going on my FB page - hopeuflly you saw - I posted a link for all to know / see / read /feel & PRAY! The power of prayer! How are you not going to come home with one of these girls!!?!?! UGH.....XO- NTT