Thursday, April 14, 2011

4.5

I keep saying and thinking I have 6 weeks remaining of the four months I planned to be here.  Six weeks is good, easy, still feels like plenty of time.  I just met reality.  I have 32 days left.  THIRTY-TWO!  Four-and-a half weeks.  When Annie was here visiting, we spent some time processing the internal and external factors carving out my time and talking about how to really do well at investing in these remaining days.  I know this time will be fast and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little bit homesick for family and friends.  So, pray for me-that my head and heart would remain in the present.

Tuesday was a great day, a birthday I will remember well.  Thanks for all the love.  I was oblivious to the planning going on around me last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.  The independent living girls threw me a surprise party and a few fireworks went off!  To top that off, even more fireworks exploded when the cake came out!  And guess, what.  Maricruz, Lauren, Marjorie, and Estephany made me tres leches!  That was my one selfish birthday request (from a previous post).  Not only did I party with these fine ladies, my mom threw me a party on skype- cousins and kiddos, brother, Mom and Dad, Aunt Lor and Uncle JB.  Finally, the little ones don't get shy and quiet when they see my face on the computer screen talking at them.  I got kisses and lots of faces pressed against the screen.  I'm sure that computer needed some love and attention after the party.  The kids even helped blow out the candles after I made a wish (yep, she made me a cake-thx mom).

This Saturday is the kick off for Camp Sonshine, a team of 18 folks from the states will be here to basically put on a week long camp.  The girls look forward to this and are more than excited to be out of school all week for Semana Santa, Holy Week.  I'm expecting a full, crazy, fun week and will be back to share some pictures soon.

P.S.
I know I keep talking about her and by now you know I'm a little bit astounded by her transformation.  Should I be?  Isn't transformation what takes place in an environment of love, care, provision, gospel?  I am shaken by her process…it is a VERY clear picture for me of the life and transformation and freedom I have received in Christ.  Maria.  You are teaching me.  This is from 'Splash Day' and it makes me smile.


No comments: