Friday, April 22, 2011

Sometimes I start with one intent and end up writing something quite different!

Ok, I just need to set the facts straight again!  Apologies, the first ChipIn went dead as soon as April 12th came around.  I didn't realize it stopped accepting donations once the date passed.  So, that's why you see Giving to Guatemala #2!  The money (by the way we're actually at 52.6%!!!!) will be lumped together and passed along to POP at the end of my time here.  THANK YOU!

Speaking of the end of my time...I asked you to pray for my remaining time, that I'd be present HERE until the end and continue to invest in these ladies.  Thanks for praying.  Please keep praying.  I'm afraid I may have to cut my time short so that I can go pee in a cup in Oregon!  Seriously?!?!  Yes, my drug test needs to come back (can take 10 weeks???) before classes begin and I don't know if they'll give me an extension on the date.  Orientation is June 10, so soon!  Frazzled, but praying and trusting.  Yes, I can be ready physically, but emotionally and mentally-I'm not there yet.

This past week I've been staying in Casa A with the girls.  We had a large team here -Camp Sonshine- for the week and needed extra sleeping space for one of the families.  It has been a great week.  The girls are out of school for Holy Week and they've been entertained with skits, water games, teaching times,  relay races and more!  This morning was BIG.  My eyes are still sensitive, yeah, you know.  The team performed a drama this morning.  Honestly, some of the dramas I've seen can be a little cheesy and you wonder how things are going to turn out.  This morning was special, very special.  The presence of God allowed these girls to spend some time grieving while there were safe people around to grieve and pray with them.  I really feel like trying to explain to you all that happened will only cheapen the actual experience, so I am going to refrain from going into too much detail.  I will say, I don't know if I've ever been in the presence of others where the walls are let down and there is serious crying, screaming and crying.  It was safe to do so.  It was accepted.  They were surrounded.  For some of the girls, it seemed as though it was a release, or at least part of the process of releasing.  Many of them feel they are to blame.  And of course there's that big looming, 'Why?'.  When there are no clear reasons, moving forward is difficult.  And forgiveness, it is a necessary step so that they may experience freedom, 'Yo soy libre!' .  Without forgiveness, they carry the ugliness along with them and it keeps them from really walking in freedom.  It's that way for all of us.

You won't relent until you have it all.  For there is love that is as strong as death, jealousy as demanding as the grave.  Many waters cannot quench this love.  You won't relent until You have it all.


Here's the beauty and here's what I believe, Jesus Christ came to take the weight of all that sin and pain and grief.  God promises beauty for ashes and we spent time praying and proclaiming this over these beautiful lives.  He won't relent until He has it all.  Today, we acknowledge this: He was crucified that we may have life and life to the full.  I believe that for these girls.  I believe that for my life.  I believe that for every life hidden in Christ.

Praying you have an Easter weekend that is meaningful to the gift of life that is offered to you, freely.

3 comments:

Alyssa Andre said...

I could not have said it better myself. It was absolutely astounding.

Unknown said...

PRayers lifted! One step at a time is all He asks of us. Hard words to acknowledge I know I am on month #6 of one stepping. Held little girl maryah she is staying petit for you:) baby g is not she is all rolls and giggles. Hugs tami

Unknown said...

PRayers lifted! One step at a time is all He asks of us. Hard words to acknowledge I know I am on month #6 of one stepping. Held little girl maryah she is staying petit for you:) baby g is not she is all rolls and giggles. Hugs tami