Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Laugh with me!

This morning, Maricruz, Lauren and I went to Club Co. (Guatemala's Costco) to buy some bulk food for the team this afternoon.  When teams are here, they head up the mountain with 8-10 of the older girls and take beans, rice, oil, and sugar to families that POP has formed a relationship with.  On our way to buy the food, Maricruz started telling us about her IGA English classes.  She studied English last year and has started again every Saturday for 6 hours a day.  She was explaining about her class and said that there were a lot of "old people" in her class, "like 30 or 31."  I started laughing and she realized INSTANTLY she has just dug herself into a hole and was sitting next to an old person!  We all got a good belly laugh out of that one and I told her it was ok if she called me old, it's a compliment.  I'm still laughing.  I needed a good laugh.  Thanks Mari!

No comments: