Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Two Weeks and Counting

Time just keeps moving along and I'm headed to Guatemala.  In exactly 2 weeks, I will be sitting on an airplane on my way to spend the next 4 months at Prince of Peace Home for Girls.  It stills seems unreal, but I keep checking items off my list believing that this hope will soon become the reality I've been talking about for the last several months.

I've been waiting to write this special post, waiting for the busyness of holidays and for a chance to wrap my head around the support so many of you have already offered.  Caught off guard and overwhelmed, I'm extremely grateful for the offers of support, well wishes, and prayers.  And, I hope you follow me as I share life with those young ladies on this very blog.  I have a feeling it's going to be exciting!!!

I wanted to offer a way for you to partner with me.  It is not necessary for me to raise financial support for this trip, but I am raising money in an effort to provide clothing for the girls.  After some email exchanges, I became aware of the need for clothing, especially clothes the girls can wear to church.  Because I will be traveling alone, I have limited space (and hands) in taking extra luggage filled with these clothes.  My hope is to raise money as a gift to these young ladies and to provide for a simple need.  I would love for you to join me in this.

Financial gifts are possible through PayPal.  If you have a PayPal account, you can click on the ChipIn button on the sidebar of the main page of this blog (over there on the right, "Giving to Guatemala").  If you do not have a PayPal account, and do not wish to create one, please send me an email and we'll find a way to make the contribution happen:)! Email Steph.

Tax-receipts are not provided if given through the ChipIn on this blog.  Please send your tax-deductible contribution to Prince of Peace Ministries, P.O. Bo 1344 Mt. Sterling, KY 40353.  Please make checks payable to Prince of Peace Ministries.  Also, if you mail in a contribution, it'd be great if you'd send me an email so I can add your contribution to our goal!

Thank you all, for following and encouraging and supporting.  I can't wait to share details on life and learning as I move into 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow steff your blog is beautiful so excited for your journey! looks like you're pulling the details together well. will continue to make sure my prayers. happy that you are taking our community across borders. thoughts and prayers tami