Saturday, October 08, 2011

cling!

A drip of goodness in a hot cup of coffee, a sweet rush of wind on a laborious run, the smell of summer in freshly cut grass, a wave from a fellow runner on an early morning run, a real hug from another-there are certain things I find quite refreshing.  Those certain things I like to wrap my thoughts around and walk a ways with them.  When this happens, I actually think I'm asking myself (though formally it is never phrased into a question), "Why is your soul stirred?"  Often, it causes a hope to rise.  The glimmer of hope this morning is straight from His word.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  -Romans 15:13

Overflowing with hope, what might that look like in the business of living when life often feels chaotic and some things go unfinished? Hope, hope, hope.  The God of hope is good to fill me with hope…I cling to this Hope.


No comments: