Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Perceive, Perception, Perceiver-

to become aware of, know, or identify by means of the senses. Ah the senses, glad to have them and yet all together tired of the steering caused by them.

My perception, led astray, the cautioned adventurer (can those two words sit together?) in me waited several months before exploring "the path." Covered with graffiti, separated from my vision, tall fencing skewed where it led, parental advice echoed "danger, danger" aaahhh, but I must know. Must give it opportunity to lead me to new territory. Ipod in hand, runners fastened securely, out the door-left, pass the pool, to congestion-left, to the fence-left, beyond the graffiti-right, down to the road and a world opens............why didn't I attempt this sooner.

I know, I know, sounds like I just walked into a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and if you're me, this is a pot of gold. A quaint old neighborhood that has been hiding from me behind a tall fence that separates our parking area and "the path." I finally took a walk there a while back and found a neighborhood! Something that reminded me of my neighborhood in the 'Couv, mismatched mailboxes, yards with lots of trees, trees hanging over the road offering shade, aunt Sally out pulling weeds and watering her flowers, mom and dad playing outside with the tots, waving to the new neighbor! I'm sure they think I've moved in down the street because I am taking advantage of their winding streets. Which leads me back to perception!

I perceived nothing like this existed within walking distance. They perceive I'm the new neighbor, maybe sometime I'll thank them for letting me borrow their paths.

Perception is a funny thing!

No comments: