Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hello!
Good to hear from you all in the "comments" section! My friend Alisa is testing me in Español already!!!:) I leave on Friday for Samara, the beach location, and have mixed feelings. I am excited to see the beach, very beautiful I am told, but am sad to be leaving Anita and Eloisa behind in Heredia. We have been together everyday since my arrival...they have been a "crutch" in adjusting to unfamiliar territory.
On Friday, I will travel with the school on a two night tour and end in Samara. We will see Arenal and Monteverde. Going with the school is much easier and more safe than catching public bus transportation from San Jose. Anita and another amigo will go on the same tour, but on Sunday they will return to Heredia.
I spent $10 on a very small bottle of sunscreen today in preparation for the hot sun in Samara! I couldn´t believe how much it was and they say it is even more expensive in Samara!
A prayer request, my head is swimming in language, which is fine right now, but I am asking the Lord to "fine tune" some of the stuff I have been mulling over. This morning, I read in John Jesus asking the man "Do you want to be healed?" He didn´t just act, but He asked. I wonder if He also asks us a similar question, "What is it you want?" Can be a difficult question for me to answer for fear of asking too much or the wrong thing. Maybe that is what I need to do! Just random thoughts tonight!:)
Bless you all for your supportive prayers...I need them and appreciate them so much.
Again, I will try with the pictures, but I honestly don´t have too many yet. Heredia isn´t exactly photographic!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,
I am glad that you are doing well. I hope you have a great time at the beach and dont get to much sun:) You are missed at tuesday night study. We all are praying for you and can't wait to hear about you trip. Love and prayers

Miranda

David & Nikki said...

Dear Stepher,
My thoughts & prayers are with you as you travel across CR to Samara. Please be careful. You are an amazing woman, & I can only imagine what thoughts are going through your mind each day! RE: "stuff you have been mulling over" :-) You are going to need some down time on the beach! I know you, you will find more people who touch your lives like Anita & Eliose. They will always be close to your heart, a frienship like no other! I know I have said this before, but what an amazing experience this is for you. Hope you are keeping a journal to share with your children some day! :-) I love you more than you'll ever know. May the Lord's face shine upon you & protect you in your travels. XOXO, Nik

Anonymous said...

Stephanie~
I so glad you are keeping us all up to date. I am excited to hear that you are picking up the lanuage so well. I will pray for traveling safety as you venture into this new town. Enjoy the sun!
Love ya, Billina

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...
God has been putting you in my thoughts...which leads me to pray. He knows what you need and I'm trusting Him to give it to you. I wanted to pass on one of the things that I clung to in my most recent challenge. "I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." I tend to get ahead of Him and forget to look up. I am praying that you will daily lift up your eyes. I know that He will give you what you need Him to. He is romancing you in Costa Rica. A song from Casting Crowns captures it so well, "Your love is extravagant. Your friendship is intimate. I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace. Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place. Your love is extravagant." May you dwell in His presence and know His peace. I love you and can't wait to hear all that He is doing in, for, and around you when you get home. There will have to be a special Tuesday night just for you. :)

Jen

Anonymous said...

Estefoni,

I wish i could be there with you, but I can't cause God wants you to translate for yourself :). Just kidding, I bet you will comehome and blow me away with all you have learned. I think about you and pray for you everyday. Go dis molding you and it will be a blessing to see how much you have grown when you come home. And a few words of advice in response to what you said in your blog about asking God the wrong things or for too much. "If you don't ask how will He know you fully trust His omnipotent power. He created all that is around you, He is an ALMIGHTY God!" Well, just a little something for you to think about. Ben and I talk about what you are doing every Sunday with Jorge and Nancy, we are praying for you.

Love,
LG

Anonymous said...

Stephanie
I and the girls from tuesday night bible study , miss you and think of you often, I am so proud of your faith, you have to be able to work for God in Costa Rica. I am praying for you everytime I think of you.
Be thankful for this time, I can't wait to hear all of your great stories, and maybe pictures
Love Melinda