Monday, February 06, 2006

Hola!
The computers are very slow here in Samara, so I apologize for yet again, no photos! I had a great weekend, but had to say goodbye to my pals and keep going. We saw alot this weekend and I even felt like I was back home! Monteverde was our stop for the second night and the weather was very windy, wet, and cool. I had jeans and three layers on top! Not so now! Samara is HOT and HUMID, but the school is air-conditioned! I finally made it to la playa after class this evening and it was warm. I have yet to actually swim. Time seems so short here. Not especially busy, but more relaxed and an ïf I do if I don't" lifestyle. My neighbor from Vancouver, Leah, is joining me this Friday for more travel on the Pacific Coast. It will be nice to see a familiar face and see more of Costa Rica. It is beautiful here, but I can also say that about my home, especially Powers. (I know you Powersonians are so proud right now!) My Tica mom took me to a waterfall this morning and they were so excited, as was I, but (and I didn't tell them this) it didn't even compare to Coquille River Falls and swimming under the falls! My dear Grandpa always says, "We live in God's country down here." True Gramp, very true. Any how, my point is that everywhere there are beautiful places, but I am finding that searching out those places isn't necessary for being content. I asked myself, "what or where is it that you just love to be." I am realizing, it isn't a physical location, but quite honestly spiritual. I can be in Costa Rica or Vancouver or Powers and the most lovely place is being in connection with God, through Jesus. That is truth. It is satisfying for my soul. Thanks for your continuos prayers. I miss you all!
Hasta Luego

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph! There are a ton of beautiful places in the world. You're getting to experience that. I think it's so cool that you get to see so many beautiful works of God's creation. I can't wait until you write next. Love ya!

Beth Bradford

David & Nikki said...

SOOO glad to know you made it safely to Samara. I was thinking a lot about you this past weekend, making your journey over CR. I am so glad you enjoyed your adventure there! I in fact emailed your mother today making sure you were OK!! :-) Yes I have to agree with Grandpa!! Lots of love to you my sweet beautiful cousin! XOXO, NTT

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph
Your mom sent me your blog address and you are seeing a lot.
Take care and enjoy your trip and I know your mom will be glad when your home and she can put her eyeballs on you.
Laural
Powers, OR