Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I am well here in Playa Tamarindo. Leah arrived Thursday in Liberia. She says hello! We went back south to Nicoya for a night to see a festival and bull fighting. The bull fighting was very different. 100 or more guys out in the pin with the bull running in front of it. A couple of guys got knocked down pretty hard and one in particular was seriously injured...he went limp and the bull went down and kept butting the guy. An ambulance came and off he went. It was hard to watch and I don't know why they get out there! We traveled from Nicoya to Playa Tamarindo thinking we would only be here for a night, but the bus trip out here was so draining we didn't want to get back on a bus. So, we have been enjoying the beach at Tamarindo and a little cheap shack of a restaurant, Pedro's, with the best Seafead soup! I'll be heading back to San Jose on Saturday and plan to spend the rest of my time there with the church. I need to get back to a place where they don't speak English. I haven't used much Spanish this week, and I'm afraid to loose it! I hope not to make any of you jealous, really, but we have had wonderful weather...of course. Sunny, 95-100, cooling off enough in the evenings. The water is refreshing and we have found our morning coffee shop, Olga's! I am basking in this because, believe me, I know it will be over soon and hi ho hi ho off to work I'll go! Hope you are all well and I am already anxious to see all of you. I love to travel and these expereinces are priceless, but I also like home and having a place to work from. Carrying everything on my back has been interesting! Blessings to all and I hope you find a little romance in your day today...especially the touch of God who can love you like no other!!!

10 comments:

David & Nikki said...

Hey Girl!
It is GREAT to hear from you!! Funny you should be in Tamarindo! My dad & I were watching the "Travel" show & they were doing a special on CR & a group of young women staying & traveling around Tamarindo! I can totally picture where you are!! It is beautiful there! We are all doing well here! Gracie & I have been busy making all sorts of Valentines! We made cookies, cakes & home made Valentines for her to take to school! It is soo much fun & she just LOVES it! I guess I didn't realize you were carrying everything on your back! WOW! I can't imagine packing for 2 months in a back pack! Again, you are an amazing woman!! I love you & miss you! Did you hear the GREAT news about Ram & Andrea?? Talk to your mama!! Missing you! lots of love & prayers being sent your way! XOXO, NTT

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
It is go good to hear from you. I was getting worried! Happy Valentine's Day! Miss ya lots. I am glad to hear that you are working furthur on your tan, so jealous! I can't wait till you get back, so much to talk about. Enjoy your time. Love ya lots, Billina

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
I wish I was there with you in the warm. It sounds like you are having a wonderfull time. We read the Warrior Princess chapter and we were all thinking of you. Stay warm and remember we are always praying for your saftey and happiness.
Love your friend
Miranda

Anonymous said...

Hola Chica,
It's Wednesday afternoon and God has put you on my heart so I am stoping my daily work, praying for you and logging on to your blog site to write you. Life sounds good for you ... warm weather, beautiful beaches, good seafood, experiencing a different culture, graduating from your language class, site-seeing and adventure!! Of course, we all miss you at bible study on Tuesday nights and are all praying for you. I hope you continue to enjoy your romantic adventure with God in Costa Rica :)
Love & blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Steph,

Just wanted you to know that I am still praying for you. I cannot wait to hear and see this adventure that you have been on. Enjoy every minute, and I pray you see God's hands in the most unexpected places.

Love ya,
Pator Ed

Anonymous said...

Steph,

Sounds like you're doing great. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Enjoy everything that God has to offer you in C.R. Love ya!

Beth Bradford

Anonymous said...

Hola, mi amiga!
How fun is this?! We went to Tamarindo also...it's amazing. What a wonderful time it sounds like you're having. You have been in my prayers, even though I have not been very good about writing! Thanks for the fun updates. Watch out for those cockroaches! May you continue to feel God's presence on your journey.

Love you,
Shannon:)

Anonymous said...

Stewball,
It sounds like you have had an outstanding trip thus far. I am interested to here all of your stories and experiences in person. Just thought you would like to know that the weather here has not been anywhere near 90 and right now it is quite a distance from thirty degrees. Hope that puts a little bounce in your step as you enjoy your tropical travels. All of us freezing our backsides off aren't jealous, not one bit. Have some of the pina and other local fresh fruit that doesn't grow in 20 degree weather and think of us poor saps!
Rojo Grande

David & Nikki said...

Hey girl!
I sure hope to hear from you soon! I just saw your Mama & Dad. They were up in Portland at the PBR! On our way home from church we ran into them at GI-Joes! We are all doing well! It has been COLD here but absolutely beautiful! I just LOVE the sub-freezing & sun! (vs gray & rain) Although I would rather be where you are! You better enjoy EVERY drop of sun for the next month! Take care my dear! Love you very much! Can't wait to see your beautiful face back home! XOXO, NTT

Anonymous said...

Steph- I love you girl and I am so happy that you are having an amazing time. Sounds like a trip of a lifetime- thanks for keeping us folks in the States posted. I love you and am praying for your time and experience. Hannah