Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I haven't posted in a while...I've missed sharing about life on here, but have been living in the silence between these posts. It, life, continues to be a ride. Eight days and I'll be setting the compass W-NW. Honestly, torn between two sides of the country...makes me want to take a plane south! Don't worry mom, as long as gas doesn't hit $4 before next week, I'll be with Lindy when she returns. I'm headed back to Oregon for the summer, a lay over as I pray about future stuff. I'm really good at planning and then asking God to work things out...am trying this time to pray, and only pray, without adding parameters to any kind of plan. Many are the plans of my heart...so many that each week it seems to change.

Been busy, busy enjoying people. I flew to Kansas a week ago, with Greg and Mary Kay, to visit the recently relocated Erin and Steve. It was a much needed, wonderful time! The whole weekend felt like one big, warm hug. We were fortunate enough to spend some time out in the country, some old friends of Greg and Mary Kay, and I can't explain how wonderful it felt to sit in front of a fire and sip on coffee all morning long! I should have melted, but I couldn't peel myself away from the cozy fire. Kansas/Kansas City...not what I thought, really a great place to experience.

This past Sunday, I convinced the two gals I mentor to accompany me on an adventure. Since moving to Florida, I realized this is the only state you can capture both the sunrise and sunset over the ocean/sea (let me know if you know otherwise) and I wanted to see it all in the same day. We grabbed Dunkin' Donuts early and made it to Cocoa Beach with time to spare. It was a beautiful sunrise.


The sunset, after a longer drive to Clearwater, was a little less to scream about. A few minutes before sunset, a wave of fog came over the whole beach. It was eerie and felt like a whiteout. Still, we laughed and enjoyed ourselves! Yes, below was our sunset.

I'm thankful these girls were troopers, Meghan and MacKenzie. It would have been a dull day if I'd been on my own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering where you "are"... :-) Been meaning to txt or call but I figured you were deep in thought & would emerge when you were done! I love you & can't wait to see your beautiful face on the West coast in a couple of weeks! Drive so careful & have a GREAT time with Lindy! As alwasy, I LOVE reading (& hearing your thoughts) XOXO, NTT