Friday, January 18, 2008

1.1.08.RESOLUTE.enjoy life!

Ups and downs and all arounds, it's the journey that I'm learning to embrace. You have heard it said, "enjoy the journey, not the destination"...I'm really trying to live that rather than let it resound in the grey matter in which my center for decision making and living resides. (Well the grey matter AND my heart/soul!)

I would like safety and security, yes long for that, but also realize that doesn't come with the stock market and our impending recession, with any kind of job title or position... a gentle whisper in the wind, "I knew you first" reminds me of my Creator and His all-sufficient love and provision as an act of His love. Something in me clings to that, my faith clings to that and my grey matter can attest to that.

May life be kind and gracious rather than safe and secure!

A quote I've recently read and reread and pondered and settled on-
"Man's freedom is never in being saved troubles, but it is the freedom to take trouble for his own good, to make the trouble an element in his joy..." -Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: