Monday, March 31, 2008

Floating

They are there. I can sense them, lingering...almost taunting me, "Catch us if you can!"...Yes, the questions floating in my head. I'm not avoiding them, at least that's what I tell myself. No really, I am not. I'm completely comfortable with any crazy thoughts trying to find there way down into concrete words in the form of questions. Not sure if that really makes any sense!

How can I say...

I have so many questions floating around in my head. On most occasions, I've not given them an opportunity to become more than fleeting, half thoughts. Not because I don't think I can answer them. No, I have plenty of answers. I just don't think they need to be asked. It came to light on one particular stretch, driving in the desert of AZ or CA, Lindy at the wheel, Steph staring out the window waiting for the questions to jump on her back and start dragging her down, ready to muscle through and hold her chin up, keep it together, it all happens for a reason...and then another One stands in and the only thought that lingers are the words, "And I trust in You." No need to ask questions if you trust.

These words come at the end of a Psalm, as if they are an afterthought and a reminder. Not reminding God that the writer trusts in Him ---"Hey God, remember me? And don't forget I trust You!"---, but I really think for the writer himself to be reminded,---"Oh that's right, I do trust You."

I'm sitting in a place I would not have planned. I sense the good in this and the excitement of what truly trusting in a God whose words I often read can do. It feels horrible and delightful often at about the same time. I want to squeeze the life out of life and God wants to pour life into it. I feel like I already know the ending to the story...it's a beautiful ending! It's the chapters in the middle that I need to learn to allow Him to write. So what if for the rest of my life the only home I know is in familiar faces and never physical places. I'd be ecstatic at sharing the journey with a million people...then again, whom am I to write this story! I can help, but only by prayer!

No comments: