Wednesday, January 03, 2007

This is my 100th Post

Whoa! And it has been nearly a year since I started this and began making my way to Costa Rica. New Year's Eve I went to dinner with the parents and Alisa, Thai food. Oh it was good and such a cute little family run restaurant. I miss those down here in Orlando. We have good restaurants, but there is just something about Portland and Mom and Pop places that I am finding is hard to beat! Nearly a year, as we left the restaurant I turned to mom and said, "Can you believe it was a year ago that I was getting ready to leave?" Time flies and this blog has been such a great place to dump my thoughts and pics and the happenings of life.



I started reading a book on my plane trip home, "Let Your Life Speak" by Parker Palmer. Hhhmmm...it has me in tears. It is all about vocation about letting your life and the way you were designed, giftedness, personality etc., tell you who you are! I'm still at the beginning of it and enjoying the process through.

Gramp has been moved from the hospital to a care facility. I extended my stay a few extra days and was able to go visit him nearly every day for short periods of time. He was much more engaging when I left, but for obvious reasons he doesn't want to be there. I know that being in Orlando was a choice I had, I don't have to be here, but I'm learning that living with this choice is something that will be both easy and difficult. Driving across the country didn't seem like I was that far away (I'm not sure why...maybe we had too much fun seeing all the sights!), but getting on a plane and traveling much of the day made me realize, I've gone through a few time zones!

Ahh, but we are having summer here right now and things are still green, which makes me smile. It's supposed to be 84 tomorrow. Gonna hit the pool here soon!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! This is gonna be good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look way too tan for that scarf! :) Florida meets Oregon, eh?

Love ya, Tuck