Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flashback

Caterine, Alex, y Yo!
Okay, just one. You have to allow me just one flashback to a year ago. My flight left on the 21st of January. I still remember what I was wearing and the last minute stop at REI with Sara where I was so thankful to pick up a fleece blanket for the trip. Oh my, how this last year has been remarkable. I've been reading through my journal entries from this time last year and it's beautiful to see the the work God has done. I continue to fumble with the curious things of the future, but have become more and more used to being. The all too familiar saying, "Bloom where you are planted." As hard as it is sometimes to be open to this and embrace it knowing that this may well be only a step to another place, isn't that how life happens. Whether we physically move, or emotionally grow, or spiritually change, aren't we always maturing through processes of life. Passing through and allowing others to pass through. Embracing for a time, freeing when such is necessary.
A line from "Ordinary Miracle" off of Charlotte's Web soundtrack:
"It seems so exceptional, that things just work out after all,
it's just another ordinary miracle today."

No comments: