Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Battle Within

I don't know why, but my head and my heart cause so many of my battles! I tear up at the idea of having to wrap all my stuff up in boxes again and live as a transient until I can find another place, but I'm left without much of a choice. The Rudloffs (Bill and Beth-Katie and Evan) have opened their extra room to me so I don't have to run out and find another place under pressure. I know I HAVE to move and am disgusted at the idea of mold spores in my lungs, but overwhelmed with the hassle and not having my own place and the reality of the price of houses/condos/for sale/for rent down here!

Saturday was a 12-miler and it felt great. Maybe in the midst of all this frustration, the intensity is relieved through the run. We have been going on our long runs early on Saturday morning while it is still cool and they have been wonderful...it has actually surprised me how much I am enjoying it!



Drew and Allison came over from Tampa this weekend for a visit. Remember, they are the couple I knew from Portland...Allison and I worked together for a short bit of time at my last job and Drew and I spent 3 weeks at Malibu in Canada on the same team, leading the high school kids. We met Friday night out at Celebration (the town Disney developed) for dinner. The weather is getting "cooler" in the evenings so we sat outside. It feels like vacation...the atmosphere and warm weather. Saturday night we went to Universal Studio's City Walk...lots of restaurants-Hard Rock, Emeril's, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville- and had dinner. Living around and near all these tourist attractions has made it feel like vacation...in some ways!

In the midst of all of the commotion...I am sad and I miss so much. It doesn't change that I am here and feel right about being here. Never the less, I am still grieving the change and loss. Oh, the battle within! Love sent to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph! I'm a fat slacker. I just remembered your blog and actually got on line to look at it! How fun! It sounds like you're having many adventures. How was your time with Alisa and Sara! How great that they could come out! I look at your pictures and remember how beautiful people are in the US. :) I look like death warmed over right now, but I promise I'm NOT wearing a fanny pack or keds. Josiah is busily busting around the house in his walker, so I better go. But I just wanted to say hi and that I love you!
Tucker
PS The picture of you at the Rogue River is CLASSIC! You little bathing beauty!