Friday, October 20, 2006

Siesta Key

Today I spent the day on the Gulf side of Florida at a beautiful white-sand beach, Siesta Key. Yeah, I had a bit of a siesta, mostly just a time of relaxation away. I stayed in Tampa last night and will again tonight to take the drive time off and visit with Drew and Allison.



So the adventure to Siesta Beach was a test of preference. For those of you coming to visit (Mom, Sara, and Alisa very soon and Billina in Dec.), I had to check this place out to see if it was worth the drive...yeah, I think so. The sand is white powder and the water is clear. The beach stretches about 6 miles so though it is crowded, you can find peace and quiet this time of year.

Florida...still acclimating. The weather is turning fall...finally. Last week was HOT and still humid...I mean hot! Eihty-six degrees at 9 PM! And then yesterday I walked out the door at 6:30 for my morning run and suddenly, COLD! Cold here can be 50 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel so much colder. The weekend its supposed to warm up again giving Mom and I good beach weather.

I really am enjoying the fact that it is late October and I can still go to the beach. Not that I've spent a whole lot of time there, but I'm embracing the gift of Florida. Still homeless and looking for a comfortable place that feels like me. Love and miss you all.

3 comments:

David & Nikki said...

WOW you look beautiful & what a beautifl beach you were relaxing on! I miss you & LOVE you VERY much...I saw your mamma this am before she headed to airport. I gave her some pics to leave with you! I am going to send you message to your emial address...READ SOON!! IMPORTANT INFO!! I love you, can't wait to see you in December! XOXO, Nik

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph...was thinking about you and your mom together this morning and thought I would catch up on your blog...wow! a lot of things going on in your life and you still have time for an 18 mile run! You're a wonder-woman! Best of luck finding the right home to live...what a chore...I hope it comes easier than you think this time. The girls are all as happy as can be most of the time...we keep getting the yucky bugs that make us feel bad this fall. Beth is now taking piano lessons so 2 girls are playing your piano now! Mad and Beth just started their vball season with vickie...lots of fun for all of us. We are in the district tournament tomorrow...vs. Camas Valley in an elimination match...winner makes state playoff! Wish us luck! Hope you have a great time with your mom...see you in December! Megan

Anonymous said...

Dear Steph

Wow, must be soo great to live in a place where it's still hot in october. Here in Quebec, we are suppose to have our first snow tomorrow!
When I look at your picture, I remember our time in Montezuma...
Hope you will find a nice place to settle down soon.
Your friend
Eloise