Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I FINALLY washed my car!

That's right! I finally washed the bugs from Texas, the red dirt from New Mexico, and the pine needles from Vancouver off my car. It is cooling off down here and people are starting to show up outside. I have met a few more neighbors, but unfortunately the meeting with my upstairs neighbors, Famie and Benny, was due to a water leak. Yes, they had trouble with their AC or something and right after Labor Day weekend, I had a bucket full of water dripping from the entry to the laundry room and water "sweating" out of the walls and door frame. So what does that mean here, MOLD! Or so I am guessing. And I think that has been the smell I continue to deal with. My co-workers started an intervention group and keep bugging me about moving out. Oh how I want to get away from the smell! Oh how I don't want to move again this year! I have been moving physically and emotionally since January! AHHH to no avail, such is the theme for 2006 (of course with lots of exciting things in there too!). So, I talked with my landlord, condo management company, and handy-man about 3 weeks ago and nothing has happened. A letter has been written and will be mailed tomorrow giving them 7 days to fix the problem. I don't know what's going to happen. I told my mom I am just tired right now. I don't have the energy to deal with yet another "furniture-moving-apt" problem. Ok, I think I'm done complaining! :)

Tomorrow night a few of us are going to see Elizabeth in a S.T.A.G.E. performance, "Once upon a Mattress" based on the "Princess and the Pea" children's story. She works at Disney (remember I can't tell you what she does) and also does many shows and musicals. The play is at EPCOT. Though we will be bussed in and won't get to walk around the park, I will still get a glimpse of the park. During the next few months they have a food and wine festival going on. EPCOT is the park that has all of the restaurants from around the world inside. You can have dinner in Italy and eat dessert in France!

Things here continue to be super busy and I'm getting more and more comfortable with my job. I am still learning etc, but I at least have a bit of an idea how things work now!

Tomorrow is "Thursday Morning Prayer with Margaret." I don't know if I've told you about Margaret yet, but she is 82, lives about an hour west of Orlando, and a wonderful woman. When I came down for my interview in May, I met Margaret and spent a morning praying with her, Greg, and a few other pastors. When I was introduced to her she said, "So this is the face that I have been praying for!" It is a priveledge to meet with her weekly and pray.

I'm off to finish my chores tonight! Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

David & Nikki said...

I love & miss you Stepher...YES you NEED to move out of that place. You can't live in "mold" it is BAD for you & your lungs. I will be praying for a resolution for you. We are headed to Disneyland tomorrow with David's parents! I will try & write via his mom's email while we are on the road. I'll tell you all about our little vacation. Grace is about to come out of her skin with excitement! I am doing GREAT just getting HUGE! :-) You are ALWAYS in my thoughts & prayers....XOXO

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have to move again for two reasons. 1. Mold spores can get in your lungs when you breathe them, very unhealthy. 2. Living on the ground floor is not a good idea for safety reasons. I want you upstairs where break-ins are much more unlikely. Whew, been looking for an excuse to say that. I am anxiously awaiting a phone call from Nikki, in a couple of days, to say Gracie is too tired to visit Minnie and Mickey again and they can play with me! When are you going to visit Disneyworld? It is fantastic!
Love, Sharon