Friday, September 15, 2006

New Faces

I am finally getting on the ball and getting my camera out for some new shots. Tonight we had a GraceRiver "cookout" (not BBQ down here!) and I informed them I would be snapping pictures so I could introduce all of you. After talking so much, here a few faces to put with the names! These are all folks that either live or have moved to Orlando to be a part of planting a church in SE Orlando where houses are going up like mad and people are moving in from everywhere. I learned from my flight buddy (chatty guy on the plane on my way home from Nashville) 800 some odd people are moving to FL every day! Any of you have plans I need to know about?!?!?

Carmen and Alejandro. I met Alejandro through involvement with Cuba while still in Vancouver. They moved their family from Tampa to Orlando about the same time I moved down here. Their oldest, Maggie, works at the Resource Center with us. Carmen is a fantastic cook...the best pico de gallo!


Greg and Mary Kay. Greg is the one who "interviewed" me in Costa Rica. They have been so gracious in my transition to Florida.

Mike and Kathi. They are some of the few that actually lived in Orlando previous to July of this year!

Bill (and Beth not pictured) with their daughter Katie. Bill and Beth helped me furnish the new place and Katie and I share a Napolean Dynamite bond!

No comments: