Friday, September 08, 2006

A New Post


I have longed to write to update all of you on life here, but for some reason come up short. I don't have access at home which is limiting. I had a great time in Nashville last weekend with Lauren. She had free tickets for us to go to a concert all day Saturday and the rest of the weekend we buzzed around Nashville, Hillsboro Village, and Franklin. Downtown Nashville wasn't too impressive, but the other areas were nice and fun to see. We went to visit Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman as well as Tim and Faith, but neither were home!:) Strange to see their houses, beautiful, but nothing outrageous. I think I thought it would be some great experience, but it wasn't. I was glad to see Lauren and also got to visit with Chuck, Val, and their daughter Riley. (They were the youth pastor and family at Vancouver.) I was so thankful to get to stay with them while visiting.

I am still in much transition. No longer physical, but mental and emotional. I was just remembering again this morning on my drive to work, the way I've been feeling lately is so similar to alot of what I was feeling in my second month in Costa Rica. A lot of wondering and curiousity of what has happenend and is happening. I am watching the Lord build community around me even as I type this and opening new doors of opportunity. One exciting announcement and a request for prayer. Every year Florida holds a State Youth Convention where all the youth come together for 3 days of conferences, worship, and time together. This year they are in transition of leadership for the conference so it is currently being pieced together. Because of this they have open slots for speakers. I was just asked this week to speak at the high school girls general session. I'm really excited! The topic or question is "Are you a student of influence?" and our weekend theme is "Identity Crisis!" I'd love your prayers as I begin to think through.

Miss you all so much. Sending lots and lots of love!

No comments: