Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Post...FINALLY, I know!

Yes, life has been busy here with work. This job has a steep learning curve and I still feel like I'm at the base of the mountain! I have wanted to write and update all of you, but my only access to the internet is here at work or the coffee shop (which I haven't been to in weeks!). Once 5 o'clock rolls around, I am out the door and need to get away and unwind. I came back tonight though, now that everyone is gone and I can catch up on email and posting!

I spent last weekend with Allison and Drew in Tampa. I worked with Allison at Brad's office and spent time with Drew at Young Life's Malibu camp in Canada. They moved here about 3 years ago and I had stayed in loose contact with Allison. I called them up right away when I knew I was headed this way and they invited me over for a weekend. They took me to a pizza restaurant that was straight out of Portland...an old house turned restaurant, various booths, old record covers used for menus (I had "We are the World" yeah Stevie Wonder!), and your typical Portland servers! Kind of alternative on the edge of grunge. I loved it! Saturday, we sat around the breakfast table for a few hours !!! and then went to a beautiful beach, Ft. Desoto, on the gulf side. Warm, white-sand, sunshine, and a few sprinkles! It was just wonderful to see some familiar faces and reminise. It was much needed time away!

It is nice to be here close to some cities I want to travel to see. I got a cheap flight to go visit Lauren Heerlein in Nashville (and Chuck, Val, and Riley-former youth pastor and fam from Vancouver) over Labor day weekend. Lauren has a whole list of things to show me around town and I'm so excited! I don't know what it is about Nashville... some sort of charm to the city. I'll post some picture of the city...I need to do the same with Orlando!

I will post again soon! :)

Looking through recent pics...I had to include this pic. This is from my going away BBQ at home. I was able to catch it before Jackson escaped the girls!

Soon-to-be-parents. I hear tomorrow is the big day! Congrats to Ram and Andrea! We will finally get to hear what this little guys name is!

No comments: