Sunday, August 06, 2006

Just talking and thanking you today!

Hello! I am doing well here and feeling more adjusted, more settled in the office, finding community and watching God draw a group of people together from all over the country. I continue to experience people who are really looking out for me and caring for me.

Do you ever have those times in life where the web that is created around your life, all the complexity, all the things that don't make sense and then through time, some are brought into clarity. Personally, after all the time of wondering (and what felt like wandering) what and where life was taking me, I have such a peace in where I am stading right now. Seems to come in waves throughout life, but is good when it comes. This past weekend we had a group gathering with folks here and those moving here who will be a part of the church plant. What a great group of people, it will be fun to be a part of what is forming.

Having said that, there are still moments when I am alone and am aware of it. I think not having a tv in the background or furniture all around makes me more aware. I sat at the dinner table a few nights ago and wished for company...to take my dinner outside and sit with folks. Good news though! I've spotted a neighbor who was quick to run into her apartment just across from mine, but I'll catch her next time to introduce myself!:) Also, I've been working out in the condo workout room and have met a couple gals there. So, I'm meeting people!!!

This blog has given me a real opportunity to "speak" my heart in ways in the past I have not had opportunity or maybe I should say have not taken opportunity. As my captive audience, I thank you for listening. I have grown so much in learning how to be courageous and speak. Something that was totally necessary to make the move I just made. Sometimes I lack the courage to say what my heart truely feels for fear, being vulnerable and being held accountable to my somewhat passionate perspective. What a great experience it has been for me though! In some way I hope and pray you are encouraged and blessed as you read and follow along.

I keep moving forward, always moving forward, with the knowledge of a history full of people who have led and encouraged and cared for my life in deeper ways than I'm sure each of you will ever know. Some of you make me laugh really hard, some of you listen intently as I process aloud, some of you talk to God on my behalf, some of you push me along, and you've all held my hand and/or heart at some point! Their are patterns and laws in this universe that are known and their are those that go without any pattern or way of knowing. One that we do know is that of the cycle. Sort of what goes around comes around. In this case, the way that you have touched my life...might it also be done to yours!

1 comment:

David & Nikki said...

I LOVE YOU....You are amamzing & courageous! I miss you & want you to know that I think of you daily. Keep your face to the sun & your heart will be warm with comfort & support. XOXO, NTT