Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hey Family and Friends,
I'm sorry if I haven't been able to personally talk with you to share the news, but want to let all of you know I was offered and I have accepted the position in Orlando beginning July 15th! (You can start making your reservations now for coming to see me and 'Mickey'!) If your asking, "what are you talking about?" (sorry this is the first you have heard) at the end of my time in Costa Rica I had the opportunity to play tour guide for one of the speakers of the convention being held in San Jose. He, Greg Wiens, is the State Pastor for the Church of God in Florida and he invited me to fly down to meet his staff and explore the idea of going to work there. I spent the Memorial day weekend in Orlando with Greg and his family meeting the staff, talking about the position, and seeing the city. Since my return from Costa Rica in late March, I have been processing through all that this could potentially be so it was an easier decision once I was finally there and had more of the details. The specifics: I will be working in the Resource Center, administrative/personnel sorts of things as well as directing the missions aspect of the state...leading experiences (yes, my trips to Cuba and other places will be part of my job!!!!!!!) organizing and coordinating with other churches, and many other things that fall in between. It really feels like such a great opportunity, but of course it has it difficulties in being on the other side of the country. After such a great weekend, I was at the airport waiting at my gate and I am sure everyone there thought I had been to or was going to a funeral. Every new chapter means there is another closing and moving away from family and friends is not on my list of "Top 10 things to do before you die!" Yet, I keep hearing, "this is the time to do it" and as my friend Elmo told me after sharing the news with him, "I say go for it!" So, here I am...going for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Sometimes in life, you DO just have to go for it! You will be missed, but something tells me your sofa will have lots of people sleeping on it! We will all look forward to hearing about your new chapter, and future chapters in the "Life of Steph!"
Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'm so excited to see what God is doing in your life. Yet it will be hard to lose another friend to moving across the country, this is where God is leading you. This job is totally for you. It's probably what you've wanted to do for the last couple of years, it just wasn't the right timing. I love you.

Beth Bradford