Saturday, June 10, 2006

Florida Countdown

Ok, so I've never made a move quite like this and figuring it out is really not that fun. It's like buying a car...you hope it's a good deal and that in the end you'll have found the right fit for all your needs. (P.S. when I signed the papers to buy my car I told my mom I needed to go to the bathroom and throw up...she laughed, I survived!) I've been simplifying my belongings...will I really need a ski jacket in FL, do I need to take a bazillion boxes of Christmas decorations, and all those old college books!?!?! I was a pack-rat back in the day, then I began to move from dormroom to apt. to house to apt. etc and realized it is better for me to be clutter free! These days it is more of a minimalist mentality-clean, neat, orderly...your laughing if you know me and you are laughing even harder if you've lived with me!!!

The days have been full of visits and I expect they will be up to day of departure. My neighbor Leah (who visited me in Costa Rica) will be driving across the country with me. We have been mapping out our route through the southern states and hoping to stop in Santa Fe, San Antonio, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and then on to Orlando. If you've traveled this way and have some suggestions, leave them in the comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph-
We're only 2.5 hours south of San Antonio! You ane Leah are MORE than welcome to come stay with us, but if it's too far off your travels, I'd love to drive up to meet you! Let me know when you're coming! I'll be gone a lot of July but hopefully will get a chance to see you!!! We've driven from CA to Florida and would be MORE than happy to talk to you about the BORING drive (especially from Baton Rouge to Pensacola)... call me or email me ANY time!
Love you!
Jen