Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Heat Is Just Preparing Me For Florida


Kind of a selfish outlook on the weather we had earlier this week, but I keep thinking, "Maybe this is how hot it will be." Unfortunately, humidity is a whole added factor. Fortunately, I am under the impression A/C exsists everywhere! I finally started packing Saturday. What a mess to live surrounded by boxes and now this will be my lifestyle for the next few months. I'm adjusting and learning to just go with it. Pura Vida. Esta Bien. Relax and just keep living.

I am still in unbelief at actually making this move. Yes, all the preparations are being made and here I go, but I'm confused by my feelings. Sometimes, I can't believe it. Other times, I am perplexed at the fact that this opportunity is in Florida (of all places, can I get any further away in the US? I think Hawaii might even be closer to home;)! ) Sometimes, I feel sad. But in all, I come back to how the Lord knew just how these circumstances would have to fall into place to move me along. How Cuba turned me to Costa Rica which is now taking me to Florida. And it has all worked itself out so nicely. I am heading out of Vancouver with a great sense of expectancy. I did, however, already warn Leah that she will have to drive the first leg as I have a feeling I may be in a big slump in the passenger seat shedding a few tears of sadness, joy, and thankfulness. There is a sense of peace brought on by the awareness of "He's thinking of me."
I'll be keeping you posted. Happy 4th of July to all of you.

No comments: