Friday, January 20, 2006

Embrace the Detours

Hey everyone,
 
Well, I haven't yet left the country and I already hit a bump...minor of course.  They're all minor, right?!?  I was having trouble receiving confirmation from the school and it finally arrived today.  Good thing because I would have been sitting at the airport for 12 hours stranded and wondering what went wrong.  I was able to call the school and get it all ironed out.  Last week I was visiting with a very wise woman who reminded me to "embrace the detours!"  How relevant.
 
My host family consists of mom, dad, 2 young boys, a dog and a bird.  They will be holding a sign for me at the airport when I arrive!  I am glad there are children in the house...they tend to be wonderful teachers.  Also, it sounds like the father is an English professor! 
 
"If we insist on sticking to the plans we've made, we may miss the detours we were meant to take."
 
More to follow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie!

I can't believe that you are leaving for Costa Rica! I am so excited for you. What an awesome experience and an answer to prayer. You have had such a passion for missions ever since I have known you. I am so glad that God has allowed you to fulfill that desire! I will be praying for you as you are gone. I will pray for safety, for quick learning of the language (the whole immersion thing is a little intimidating!), and that God would continue to guide you and give you wisdom. I love you Steph and I am so proud of you. You are such an encouragement to me!! Love you!

Shauna

Anonymous said...

Steph,
It was so good to see you last night! I am so happy for you and proud of you for taking this huge step in faith! I know that through this trip God will bless you abundantly through the work you are doing. You are such an inspiraton and vivid example of God's love and faithfulness! I am so excited to hear about the months to come and how God uses you and stretches you. You are a strong woman of God and it is so cool to see you get the desires of your heart given to you by our awesome Lord! Praise the Lord, have a blast, be brave, bask in the culture, and take some pictures while you're at it ;)
I love ya sister,
Carly

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph...the girls and I will be following you along on your blog...we are looking forward to reading about your adventures. Bethie is already very diligent about praying for you. Love and prayers to you, megan, maddie, beth and todd

Anonymous said...

Steph,
I am so excited for you and jealous of you at the same time. I am already missing you lots. I know God has big plans for you in Costa Rica. I will continue to pray for you and your journey!
Love ya lots,
Billina