Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It was below freezing here today!

One week and counting...
I just got an email from Sara, "Steph is coming home..." She speaks truth! These past few weeks have been full of activities and I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit. I decided to try and do my shopping when I get home, I can't imagine trying to haul a bundle along with me, so I haven't been out in the madness of the malls and it's still in the high 70s this week. Kinda difficult to feel like it "'tis the season."


A sweet treat this morning, I walked into my local Starbucks to order my new favorite holiday drink...grande, 3 pumps peppermint, with room, americano (yum) and as I pulled out my wallet to pay, Angel (my barista!!!) said, "No, no. This one is on us." What a treat, I really like my new Starbucks!

Tonight, I just got back from Gaylord Palms' ICE! with Jennifer and Melissa. ICE! = 2 million pounds of ice, 5000 blocks, used to make some really phenominal sculptures and all at a chilly 9 degrees. They keep an 18,000 square foot room blocked off for a sort of tour with an ice slide at the end. Ok, so it's beginning to feel more like Christmas! They even hand out special jackets that fall mid-calf and are equipped with a hood! I pulled out my wool gloves, down vest, stocking cap and felt like a fool leaving my place yet glad I had them once we entered the freezing zone. It was still cold!

With Jennifer and Melissa. Teachers I have met through Phil and Janann. Jennifer is Caden's teacher.

The Nativity Scene

Isn't it nice?

Not as nice as seeing you!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: