Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's Me...I'm Here!

Hey folks! Wow, I feel neglectful and I apologize because I have had so much I want to share and yet so overwhelmed and busy with work and life and company from home (Yeah!) that I've not been on here much at all. I want to put pictures on, but my camera was on vacation (hopefully only dead batteries) while Sara and Alisa were here, so I'm waiting on their pictures before I can put them up on the blog!

Alas, I have found a place to live and stayed up until 3AM last night settling in. You know me, I'm a nester and once I get somewhere, I have to unpack and I get so excited organizing and putting things away and rearranging my furniture. I have a very incredible place and I just happened upon it. Never lived in, 2 bed/2 bath, price was dropped right before I called, cozy small complex with a beautiful commons area. I'm excited about it and feel like I can really live here. Because it is newly renovated, the inside plumbing has been a problem, but I am hopeful for an easy fix.

It was warm again today! Wierd that Thanksgiving is only a week away and I'm still in t-shirts and flip-flops. I kinda like it right now though. I had my first eggnog latte (mmmmm) last week and it was the strangest thing to drink it and not be wearing a sweater and a wool jacket with mittens and a scarf! I miss mittens and scarves...I'll just wear them 24/7 over Christmas!:)

I want to continue this journey with you and I do intend to keep posting so stop by every once in a while. Something tells me the ride is going to get even more exciting! Just perspective on life!
Love you all and looking forward to visiting soon and some frost on the grass!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about associating cold weather with Christmas and Thanksgiving. This time last year we were in Sydney, Australia, and we went to Starbucks! It was so fun! Anyway, their Christmas drinks were frappucinos! It's summer there in December. It was just really weird. :) I really miss cold weather and leaves this year, more than most years. But flip flops are nice too.

Love you!
Tuck

David & Nikki said...

SO glad to know you found a "home"! I have been thinking a lot of you...Can't wait to see you in December! We are doing well. I am only 2 weeks away or so! I am getting so excited & anxious! Wait til' you see Grace's "Big girl" room! She is so proud of it & all the "pink" Well, I LOVE & MISS YOU & think of you often. I am glad you have had visitors & especially found a place to call your own. That is sooo important. Send photos when your camera is up & going again! XOXO, Nik