Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so thankful for so much. This morning as I sat in Starbucks and spent time preparing for this weekend (this is the weekend I'm speaking to the h.s. girls at our state convention) I realized this morning was a gift. The temperature was 39 with wind chill, I had an eggnog latte, my journal, my Bible, my wool coat, my insturmental Christmas tunes (I know it's early, but I play it when I can) and I sat and just enjoyed the moments. Life has been moving so quickly. I'm not advocating for it to slow down, but my plate has been full of activities and I sense I need rest and some new boundaries. Most of what is happening is on the fly and that catches me off guard and unprepared most of the time. The lesson I'm learning? I've got to continue to live and enjoy God in the midst of the fly and I need to take care of myself.

So much has happened in the span of this year. I'm surprised by some of it and thankful for all of it. The opportunities and adventures and people I've crossed paths with...wow. I think of the gang I ran around with in Costa Rica, Eloisa-Anita-Damien, and that I am now in Florida and doing things I've prayed for. So much stuff---I feel exhausted in some ways and energized in others. I'm really looking forward to Powers over Christmas break...some major down time.

Alas, it was wonderful to have Sara and Alisa here for a long weekend! We did it all! Disneyworld, Siesta Key, Downtown Disney, Celebration, shopping in the boutiques (and Wal-Mart). It was just so good to have some home here. It was the perfect time too, not too short and enough time to really feel like we had time to visit. Because of this new job and all the exposure I've had lately to personality profiles and tests, I made them take a few tests. We did one of them over dinner while listening to a guy sing (well actually I think Alisa sang louder) some old favorites as we enjoyed dining on the roof top deck of a fun little mexican restaurant! We laughed alot! Good for the soul! Here are a few fun pics!

No comments: