Monday, October 15, 2012

Christmas in October

A random mid October post for two reasons.  
1) I was just at Freddie's tonight and they have poinsettias on display, for sale.  
What?!  I don't get it.  
Have I had my head in the clouds in previous Octobers i.e. is this normal?  
Unusual, I say. Maybe wrong.



Poinsettia-taken DURING Florida Christmas-'06 
2) I went on an outing a few weeks ago with some friends.  A little cabin in the woods type weekend.  Thankfully, I was in charge of breakfast. (I'm not much for making a good dinner these days.  An area that needs and will be getting attn soon!)  So, best breakfast casserole I know of is Mom's Christmas morning casserole.  Every year we have it.  Every year I eat seconds (and pick at thirds when no on sees me).  Delicious and easy!  Who could ask for more?!  I'm sharing it here so I have a record of it somewhere.

Here it is:

1 doz. eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 lb. diced bacon, uncooked
1 lb. diced cheese, (cheddar or mont. jack)
6 green onions, chopped including green tops
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
 
Beat eggs and mild well in large mixer bowl.
Stir in cheese, bacon and onions.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan.
Bake @ 350 about 1 hr.  Check in 45 min. Insert knife in center, if comes out clean it's done.
Cut into small squares
Serve warm.

No comments: