Monday, May 02, 2011

May I add...

The goodness of play, sweet smiles, candy wrappers strewn about, florescent lighting, knocks on the door after dinner seeking help with homework or an ear to listen, screams of joy from the kids at the pool on the other side of the fence, eating at a table for 22, hearing my name scrambled into a Spanish equivalent and trumpeted from the balconies of the houses above, hugs, constant cascades of love, sitting on the swing, counting as they jump rope, the amusement of watching imaginative minds create ways to spend time, driving in constant exhaust, reading/listening/musing/talking with God on the back porch, panoramic views of this giant city, riding in a school bus again, blowing and catching kisses-melt my heart, good coffee AND instant coffee, learning faces of those who turn up at the clinic, walking this hill morning after morning, greeting the staff bright and early, playing around the world, partying with piñatas-frequently, headaches from too many chicas screaming at one time, constant questions about movie nights, trying-trying to operate in another language to have a simple conversation, taking pictures of EVERYTHING…just a bit of what life has looked like and what I'm going to miss-minus the exhaust from the buses.

Wednesday is my flight.  Yes, nearly two weeks early.  Life continues to progress, unfold, transform.  I have a lot to say, I think I'll say it another day.  I love them and I am loved by them-that's good and that hurts.

1 comment:

Debi B. said...

What a wonderful collage of memories you will always have from this experience! It won't be easy to leave POP, but your life is turning again, this time to teach you to help others in new ways. And once you have graduated OHSU, you could always go back!! Congratulations on your new adventure, Steph!