Monday, November 29, 2010

The "W.T.H.D.I.G.M.I.?" Post

Please, when you understand the title of this post, pardon the expression.

It goes something like this…

The day I arrived to Costa Rica, nearly 5 years ago, I was sleep deprived, anxious, and excited.  My host family gathered me from the airport and eventually showed me to my temporary home and room.  Once I settled in, I really didn't know what else to do given that I had no idea where the school I was planning to attend classes was located and I couldn't just call someone and make a plan to meet for coffee.  So, as was needed, I took a nap.  It wasn't exactly the best idea.  You know those moments you're caught in the middle, between sleep and wakefulness?  I was caught in one of those moments and had a pretty awful feeling fall over me.  "W.T.H.D.I.G.M.I.?!!?!!!!!!!!"  Yep, there it is- WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO?"  I had an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach for the rest of the day.  I think it finally began to fade when I met my friend Anita from Switzerland (she's been in many previous blog posts).

Well, I promised in a previous post to share those small steps forward and here is a bit of a clue (though I think most of you already know where I'm headed).  I woke up this morning with that same feeling of "What am I about to do?"  It's a bit different this time around because I have an awareness that I lacked the last time around.  It's really not that crazy, but it still causes me to question.  I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that this stint away is what I want and where I need to be heading, but it still causes my head to freak out.  And then I thank God that He knows and will fulfill His promises to me as I walk forward.

In four words:     Prince of Peace, Guatemala

More to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE how REAL you are - it's beautiful & refreshing!
You ARE doing the RIGHT thing - I might say differently if you were moving there! XO

gretchen said...

oh s, I actually wrote those words in my journal the last time I came here for the first time. (and I think I thought them again this time!) you can be sure it's right, and still freak out; I get it! but He is GOOD and will FILL YOU along the way; giving you what you need for each day, each moment. promise! xoxo