Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Hello! (out of practice=randomness!)

Wow, too long since I've been on here. There have definitely been moments (especially on my commute) where I've wanted to write my thoughts down, but then I get home and distracted and it doesn't happen.

I don't have a lot to share on here, yet. I'm not really sure I have much to share at all, inspiration is running thin these days and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's the lazy days of summer, maybe my crazy hours (though I'm enjoying the restaurant environment), maybe I'm around people all the time and find that I don't spend as much time internally carrying on a conversation! Just a different place these past few months.

I purposely came home without much of a plan. I had a plan, but I've got many of those. Depending on the day I may be headed back to Portland or jet-setting and on my way to Europe. AND I've heard plenty of reasons why both should be the right next adventure. My problem= making a decision!:) I'm realizing the great value of stopping and digging in to a place. I did some of that in FL, but think my roots didn't go too deep because I was so far from home. I used to think I needed to be out somewhere in the world serving God, maybe a third world or developing country, maybe some place on the other side of the states. I've known in my head and have come to understand, our serving the Lord does not depend on place but function. I hate the saying but it is so true, "Bloom where you are planted." It's so cliche, but fitting! I'm chasing that perfect place to plant, but it does not exist. It is merely heaven planted in my heart. It makes me look forward to what is ahead.

So, I had a mentor/pastor encourage me to continue to write and go back through some old journals. I'm planning on it, but I'm so scattered right now I'm not sure I'm ready. I'm living in two places (three the next few weeks) and moving about with my pillow and suitcase! Reminds me of Costa Rica...I recall the end of my time there and looking forward to not living out of my backpack. This has stirred that want in me to make some "big girl decisions" and find a place to unpack the boxes and items I've tucked away since January. It sounds so trite, but I'm really looking forward to unpacking my coffee mugs. I wonder if that is symbolic of sitting down, journaling, and thinking about things that stir. Hhhmmm, maybe there is a connection there.

That must be it for now! I leave for work at 4:23am tomorrow and it is off to bed for me. Thanks for following.

Soon to come-something about the single life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...so good to hear from you. Sounds like you're having a busy summer. Know that you are in my thoughts often. I miss you my friend! Love you!

Leah said...

Something about the single life... I'm intrigued... and so glad that you are writing again. I really tried to blog on my trip but there was literally NO TIME... so I'm doing it now! Check it out if you have a minute. I'm adding to it each day, thanks for the idea:)