Monday, March 20, 2006

Well, I am approaching my final days here. I was at Los Guidos church last night and had to say goodbye to those I have followed around for the last month. I stayed two nights with Virginia and her girls. My heart has been open to alot lately...the evidence of having slowed down to listen to the music inside. I have been rereading some of the book Captivating (John & Stasi Eldredge). "And so you´ll see that women are endowed with fierce devotion, an ability to suffer great hardships, a vision to make the world a better place." I am moved when I hear the story of a child sucking on pebbles to relieve hunger, when I sit around the table of a mom with 3 young girls to provide for as she trusts the Lord, when I hold a beautiful little 3 year old girl delighted to sit in my lap and let me hug her as I wonder how mom takes care of all the children. And yet God is faithful to His people. Honestly, something I can´t put my mind around and don´t expect to is dealing with living in the U.S. and knowing only the slightest of the circumstances for the rest of the world and even those at home. Guilt isn´t the answer, I have come to that conclusion. Responsibilty, yes and I am learning my part in that. AAAAHHHHH...welcome to the thoughts of Stephanie!!!:) On a lighter note...I am excited to be returning home and seeing many of you. I can´t express how much I greatly appreciate your support, prayers, concern, encouragement, and following this journey! God has protected me and I know that is an answer to many of your prayers. He has opened new doors and lightened my load, also answers to prayer! I have a CD of Natalie Grant that I listen to in my car often and sing to at the top of my lungs when I drive home to visit my family in Powers. Time in the car to plead with the Lord. One of her songs goes something like, "Awaken my heart, awaken my soul, awaken Your power and take control, awaken my passion to live for You." These past two months have been part of the Lord answering and directing that prayer. I´m smiling! Bless you, God bless you!!! I will be posting some more pictures when I return home, so check back again. (I tried with this computer, but no luck). Hasta mas tarde!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me quisiera pasar con tiempo tu Estefoni. Yo rezo para tu, mi hermana. Seguro viajar para tu. Dios te bendiga.

LeeAnn