Sunday, February 26, 2012

Softly spoken, I am moved.  Precious life, fleeting in moments I cannot control.  Forsaken by imperfect human bodies.  Weighed heavily by loss of innocence-eyes 35 years old see things eyes 18 years into the journey just can't receive.  With age comes wisdom, at a price---sometimes paid by the owner, sometimes by way of association.  

Words I have lived by over the last few years, words to look at life through, a banner over the year.
2009-HOPE     2010-surrender    2011-trust    2012-Believe

Go read Mark 8 for context.  For now, this jumped off the page at me today…
Mark 8:33  Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter, "Get away from me, Satan!" he said.  "You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God's.

Father, help me to believe, to be challenged by my own perspective and to be mindful of the breath that is this life, but a breath.

No comments: