Monday, October 26, 2009

Looking through old computer folders

and I came across something I wrote a while back. For some reason, I'm just up for sharing!

most of my times begin in the war zone…I show up with a sour attitude which I’m not proud of and say “ok, God, I’m here” and I just sit for a while and stare at scripture that does not penetrate my caged heart. But then I start to confess my perceived thoughts of a God who is not near and does not care and will not show up and I actually here what I am saying and realize my experience is to the contrary and my heart softens as I am honest with the One who created me, knit me together fiber for fiber, gave me the emotions I live with, the attitude that perpetuates my problems, the heart that beats in my ears when all is silent

Showing up is so important, transformation follows.

3 comments:

Hoops1a said...

Hi Steph, I saw you commented on my blog (I responded), so I thought I would comment on yours.

Are you a fan of Enya by chance? :)

Thanks for contacting me, good luck!

Hoops/Mark

Jen said...

Love this Steph! Thanks...all too often to I feel the same way and "struggle" through reading, not because I am wanting to, but because I know it's "right" and because I DO love Him and desire to hear from Him. Thanks for the reminder that like when we smile, even though we don't want to, it adds cheer. To show up, and expect transformation to follow. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have probably read this entry of yours 10 times - each time I come to see if there is sometihng new - today it really hits to me. I enjoyed all the other 9 but today I needed those words - Thanks...I can always count on you! Love you...
This morning I told Grace that you were coming down for Thanksigiving - she was SO excited!! Rememeber last year our little window shopping at Oakway - was so enjoyable & energizing! You are a GEM! XO~NTT