Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This time of year...

is back to school. I got a hair cut, I've gutted my closet (this happens all the time though), and I'm relishing the last days of August...all murmurs of the past and preparation for Labor day weekend and back to school. It's so ingrained in our lifestyles from age 6 on up, and sometimes at even earlier ages. And I've made a life-changing decision and am taking on the title, "non-traditional" student. I'm committing myself to school again and pursuing my second bachelor's degree, BSN= Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Over the past few months and especially 6 weeks, I've been doing some major research and thinking, reflecting on the past, present, and forging the journey forth! Suddenly, something fits---makes sense for me right now---puts wind and excitement in my sails---gives me structure to live, thrive, spend my life in. So, this is me, heading back to school!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh Steph! you'll be the greatest nurse! What a perfect fit for you! I cannot even imagine all the lives you will touch as you take on this new challenge! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear more! Where are you going? I will be praying, dear sister. Such a limitless possibility ahead of you. Options upon options- endless opportunities. SO happy for you to feel this "fit". Abundant blessings on the hard studying ahead!